Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Mother Nature, Mother Goose

Now that the sun has returned to Seattle I am obliged to take advantage of mother nature's gift, rather than sit in front of my computer. But while I was thinking about yesterday's post about the rising obesity rates in America, my attention was redirected to the current issue of malnutrition in India. The irony of course is that there is enough food to feed everyone on the planet but the uneven distribution through corruption and politics has led to overnutrition for some and undernutrition for others. If I were a cartoonist I would borrow Mother Goose's nursery rhyme and illustrate it like this:

Jack Sprat could eat no fat
His wife could eat no lean
And so betwixt the two of them
They licked the platter clean.



Oh, that food justice were so simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment