Friday, April 23, 2010

A Feast for Your Eyes

Over the years I've attended and been involved with many film festivals and for me there's always been a strong connection to food. As a festival volunteer this once meant making sure that directors and producers had enough to eat in the green room. Another time I had to locate pâté in New York City for a French film crew. Last year I attended SIFF with my friend Julie for a screening of "Food, Inc." which we followed up with a delicious meal and discussion of the health and nutrition issues addressed.

This coming weekend the Student Nutrition Association at Bastyr University is proud to present the 2010 Film Feastival, featuring "Fresh" on Friday night and "Food Fight" on Saturday night. If you're in the Greater Seattle area please consider attending - both films have generated great hype and if I were not already committed to a weekend seminar on mind-body medicine I'd be there too. If you make there I'd be curious to hear your feedback.

On that note, it feels appropriate to leave you with one of my favorite locovarious movie scenes:

No comments:

Post a Comment